ICT Office offers download service of installer of Microsoft OS and Office for teachers and staff.
Faculty members do not need to purchase MS Office software when they purchase PCs for work and research use.
These software can only be installed on PCs that are the property of Sophia University and are connected to the campus network.
In addition, Office software for Home Use if freely offered to the employed teachers. Please refer to (PDF) for more details.
- Windows OS Enterprise
(version : 8.1 / 10, bit : 32bit / 64bit, Language : English / Japanese)
- Office Professional
(version : 2016, bit : 32bit / 64bit, Language : English / Japanese)
(version : 2019, bit : 32bit / 64bit, Language : On-Demand)
- Office for Mac
(version : 2016, Language : Multilingual)
How to download the software?
At first, log in to Sophia Mail on your browser.
Access to the site below and download the software.
If you would like to rent DVD disk, please come to the ICT Office (Bldg. #2, 3F). Please inform the OS version, language and bit of your PC.
*How to check the bit of your PC: refer to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/
ICT Office cannot lend DVD media for Office2019 because it is not provided by Microsoft.
These software programs can be installed in only PCs of Sophia University’s property.
They CANNOT be installed in PCs bought at your own expense. (License violation)
- PCs have to be connected to the campus network in principle.
- After installation, registration of DNS suffix is necessary. (Windows only)
The alert will show up if license authentication will not be done for 180 days (6 months) via the campus network. For the procedure, refer to Setting for DNS suffice registration.
- After installation, please update the OS (Windows / Mac) on your PC.
Otherwise, you may be unable to use the functions of them properly.
- Please return DVDs to ICT Office as soon as installation has finished. Copying DVDs is prohibited.
- Redistribution of downloaded ISO file is prohibited.
- ICT Office never support about problems of upgrading and installation of OS.
- [For staff] This service is not offered for Jimu-kei PC because users cannot upgrade software. PC which is purchased by division is supported.
Sophia Corporation’s property Information is below.
About Sophia Corporation’s property
- The goods which are bought at research expense or department expense and the labels are sealed on them to prove they belong to Sophia University. Include Sophia University, Sophia University Junior College Division, Seibo Nursing School and Seibo University. Include goods for lease or rental.
- Even though the PCs mainly used by students, if they are Sophia University’s properties this service is allowed. But when particular student use the PC exclusively, this service is not applicable.