Students and faculty members of Sophia University / Sophia School of Social Welfare can download ‘Free Office’ from the Microsoft website.
- Users must be Students or faculty members of Sophia University / Sophia School of Social Welfare who have Sophia Mail account.
- When users graduate, withdraw or retire, their Office will become unavailable immediately.
- One user can install Office to up to 5 PCs including their home PCs.
* For PCs in laboratory or teacher’s office, please use MS Office for faculty members which is provided by ICT Office, NOT free Office. Please refer to here for more details.
* Students of ‘Department of Information and Communication Science’ who already use free Office:
-> Please refer to here.
* Graduates / Retirees:
-> Please refer to here.
Sign In to Office365
- Open a browser. Enter the sign-in URL into the address bar.
URL for Faculty：https://outlook.office365.com/owa/sophiamail.sophia.ac.jp
URL for Students：https://outlook.office365.com/owa/eagle.sophia.ac.jp
- Enter your User Name and Password then click【サインイン】.
・User Name：Faculty ID or Student ID
Written on “Sophia ICT Account Notice” sheet, if you have not changed.
Sign in screen for faculty members:
Sign in screen for students:
* The first time you sign in, the screen below is displayed. Select language, and check if ‘Time zone’ is set to ‘Osaka, Sapporo, Tokyo’ (Fig.1), then click [Save] (Fig.2).
- Click your name -> [My Account].
- Click [Office Apps].
- Click [Apps & devices], select language and version, then click [Install Office].[IMPORTANT]
Please do not perform the procedure above by more than one person. (Down load size is so large, so it may cause of the trouble of the campus-network.)
During installation, your PC must be connected to the Internet.
Infringement of copyright may constitute a criminal offence, exposing individuals and companies to substantial penalties and in the case of individuals, even imprisonment.
- Run the downloaded file. Several screens appears then Office is installed.
* One user can install Office to up to 5 PCs.
- When ‘Activate Office’ dialog box appears, you need to activate Office.
Enter user ID as follows, then click ‘Next’.
– Faculty Members : Faculty ID@sophiamail.sophia.ac.jp
– Students : Student ID@eagle.sophia.ac.jp
- Enter your password (ｗritten on “Sophia ICT Account Notice” sheet, if you have not changed) then click ‘Sign in’.
For Graduates / Retirees
When you graduate or retire, you will not be able to use office any more, and the screen below is displayed. If you would like to continue to use Office, you have two options.
- Buy Office product personally
- Contract Office365 plan by yourself
When you buy Office personally, enter the product key which is included in the product (Fig.1).
When you contract Office365 plan, please sign in with the issued user name and password (Fig.2), then you will be able to use Office continuously.