Moodle(Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment) is free learning support software which is available by class and is available anytime anywhere in online environment of the Internet.
Teachers can publish syllabus or lecture document, give assignments to students on Web, and evaluate them, carry out small tests such as multiple-choice question or description problem and can manage academic results.
Student can donwload lecture materials, answer quiz and submit assignments on Web.
In addition,by using bulletin board function, teacher and student can exchange opinions and communicate with each other.
Start a browser (Internet Explore etc.), and then enter the URL below.
When you access Moodle from the ICT Office web site, click [Moodle]
on the left side of the window.
- Select [English(en)] from the list. Enter your username and password (the same one as you login to PCs in the PC rooms or Call rooms), then click [Login] button.
- After log in, information and the list of Teachers & Course Categories is displayed, then you can start to use Moodle. Follow the steps of ‘Registration of Courses’.
Enroll in a course (for students)
- When you login to Moodle, it shows a list of teachers & course categories. Select the initial letter of the teacher’s family name that you take.
*When you go to your course directly, enter the course name into [Search courses] and click [Go] button. The course list will be displayed, then select the course and register it folloing step 4.
- A list of teachers will be displayed. Click the teacher’s name.
- The list of courses will be displayed. Click your course.
- Click [Enrol me] button then the registration will be completed.
*If there is a key icon on the right side of a course, you are required to enter the “enrolment key”, which you will receive from your teacher. Enter the enrolment key then click [Enrol me].
Once you create courses on Moodle, you will be able to upload your documents or add assignments on the course. For more information, please log in to Moodle and refer to the teachers’s Manual.
* Moodle courses are not connected to Loyola. Students need to register the courses which they take on Moodle by themselves.
By default, students who do not take your class can register your Moodle course. When you want to allow only the students who take your class to register your course, you can set “enrolment key” on your course.
* Technical staff supports you about how to use Moodle, such as making courses, at Editing Room (Kyozai-junbi sitsu) on Bldg.2 B2F.